Sunday, January 10, 2010

Playing Photographically--or-- How I Get Sidetracked On Work....

I was in the process of getting the completed hearts ready for shooting when I looked at the table and decided the mess was delicious camera fodder. I want to add, this is all just as it was on the table; nothing was moved for better photos.....it is my mess.


This close crop was exceptionally pleasing; I liked the flow of reds with the touches of white.  It is one I could easily see having lettering over it and being used as a blog header or for an Etsy store.....maybe it's the size, the colors, I don't know. I am sure the shape has a lot to do with it.
All the photos should enlarge, so give them a click and see more of the detail. That is the fun part!


And now we pull back a bit. This was what the previous sliver was cropped aggressively from, though I like the clutter and lack of organization in this too. The cutting mat on the table, with the grid, adds an odd sense of attempted order in a completely unordered conglomeration of supplies!


And the final shot, from whence the others came (actually the first shot) showing two more panels covered with the B&W damask paper, some clay tidbits, pencils, pens......there is so much colorwise that I think it would be fun to further crop small sections, providing almost abstract images. Odd how a simple photograph can get the creative eye going and produce numerous results.
And the completed hearts?
They shall have to wait till tomorrow or possibly the next day. I am not doing well with the leg (have overdone stuff---imagine that!) and cannot sit long enough to crop them and get them squared. I hope you'll forgive me......I was all excited about getting them on blog for today as they took me by the hand and showed me what they wanted to become! Quite seriously, things happened I had not planned, it was some unexpected joy-ride and the results were very nice!
All in all, I think you'll find them worth the wait.
Now back to the do-nothing, leg-elevated, squat-on-TV, have-knit-myself-blind, I-am-being-Miz-Cranky-Pants, rest time.
Pfffft!
I know; it is for my own good, and good is what I send to all of you. Good thoughts, good wishes, good health and definitely good humor!
And of course,

Pax.



P.S. Happy Birthday Dad! I know it is a good day where you are!!!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well....Well....Well..... This was predictable Miss Cranky-Pants!! Somehow I knew you were pushing it!! Now you can sit & do some knitting & find something vintage on TV to enjoy!!
Next time you feel like pushing-it just remember you want to be pain free for spring so rest now!!
Take Care & Stay Warm!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Harrumph!!!!
yeah...well, when I get in the studio and get going, I zone out---totally lose track of time. Sooooo, that is how I came to be the owner of "cranky-leg".
It appears to be better today; I'll take another rest day and then see how things look on Monday. If not better, then a call to the Doc, which further cuts into creative time.
Oh phooey....and I thought I was the Six Million Dollar Woman.... >:(
LOL!!!

XXOO!!
Anne

Anonymous said...

Love the coffee painting and all the bright colors. I went down to read the snow post and am not being mean but I have done the same time and I had to laugh. When i was recovering from bilateral knee replacements I was so antsy to go out I could not stand it. I went out into the could yard one day, not snowing though, and fell on the rocks. I should not have done that. No one was home with me. It took forever for me to get up. I did not hurt anything but my feeling. Thank goodness no one can see my backyard. Be careful dear.
QMM

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Hey QMM!

I'm laughing at your story too--yes, mine was well worth laughing at!That was why I had to share it--when it was over, it was funny!!! When you are well enough to ambulate, but not *WELL*, it is really awful! You think you can do things you can't.....you get into mischief...well, I do and quite unintentionally.
So I am behaving today and taking another sit-and-knit.
Maybe I'll get the monster scarf finished.....finally.....or at least closer!

XXOO!!
Anne

Robbie said...

I love the 'final' shot! Makes you feel inspired to get to work! My 'studio' is an 8ft taable across a bed right now! Don't dare paint in there yet...as soon as the snow leaves Ocala, Florida I'll be able to paint outside! Take care, anne!

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Any place you can work is a *studio*! I'm going to have to move everything when I have to sew, so then it's back to the basement....and hopefully I will be in shape to work there.
Hope your snow leaves quickly---could not believe that!
Take care!!!

XXOO!!
Anne

marianne said...

oh dear, you call that messy and disorganized? i have a 5x5 in space cleared on my art table right now...... :) agree with you on the photos & colors & can't wait to see the hearts- love it when things tell us where they want to go. heal up!

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Well, Marianne, it is not my BIG-TIME disorganized.....it's just that I am slowly moving, bottle by bottle, everything up from the wet cellar and then it all has to go BACK.
I started with a lot of table space, and it is disappearing at an alarming rate, especially when I have several of the canvas pieces in various states of dryness and need to put them somewhere I won't slop things on them.....
Trust me, I can make much BIGGER messes! LOL!!

XXOO!!
Anne

Deborah said...

You had me giggling at the title. I think that is the most organized, beautiful mess ever! Beauty IS in the eye of the beholder. **blows kisses** Deb

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

I love my messes....I think that's why I make so many and do them sooooo well! LOL!!!!

XXOO!!
Anne

Georgina said...

Consider it a "mental health" day...you need one!!!!! LOL Lay low and be good, remember, you want to heal to create...let that be your mantra!!

Love ya,
G

Anonymous said...

I love serendipitous moments in my craft. I love how your colors are blending and moving on the paper. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Hugs. Tammy

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

OMG Georgina!!! I need a bazillion mental health days! LOL!!! Every day is a potential mental health day!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
I am behaving; caught church service on-line (it was great!), knit, have had a very good day behaving! :)

XXOO!!
Anne

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Hey Tammy!!!
So good to *hear* you!!! :) Have missed you girl!
I'm having so much fun with the colors.....I wish I could be out here 24/7 playing with stuff!
Check in tomorrow for the final hearts! Bragging, but they turned out great!
Take care......

XXOO!!
Anne

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I am resting myself today watching supernatural Sundays on Lifetime while I putter around. I went to bed yesterday after we got home...I was chilled to the bone and slept for an hour or more. Naps are good and dreams will guide your hands tomorrow or the next day dear friend. That angel is supposed to watched over you and keep you safe...Rest is good for us all. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

I'm not resting as much as I should, but I am heading up now to really kinda snooze a bit!
It is just SO COLD that naps and fuzzy blankets are soooooo inviting!
Rest is, indeed, good. And the cold takes all the oomph out of you. We have to go to town this evening and I am dreading that, other than the riding in the car!

XXOO!!
Anne

Alexandra MacVean said...

Dearest Anne, I know you are alot like me and get restless if you are forced to sit too long, but you must take the time to rest and ease back into things. Otherwise, you'll set yourself back longer.

I'm thinking of you and lifting you up from afar. xo

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Hi Sophia,

Yes, I am the Queen of Ants In The Pants, but after two days down resting, I am going to try to hit the studio again today for a limited time.
And I cannot take this stuff in and do it in a semi-prone position....LOL!
So I am having to balance the desire for 10 hour days and rest. :)
Take care!!

XXOO!!
Anne

Post a Comment

Talk to me Dahling!
I'm waiting, breathless...... ;-D