Wednesday, September 30, 2009

What A Day!

Sorry kiddies, no pics today--this is just to update y'all on my day yesterday in Ft. Wayne.
DH took the day off to drive me up, which was good because I had managed to work myself into such a lather that 1 mg. of my anxiety med barely touched my *state*.......now is that stupid or what??? I've known for a while what the options were going to be and still, I feel the need to do my "Hamster-In-A-Wheel" routine. ACK. And OY!
Actually, we ended up having a lovely day; found a half-price bookstore. DH came out with a stack of CD's and I came out with a stack of books--one on ATC's that I had wanted but did not want to pay $23 or even half price when some of the stores had coupons. There was soooo much intellectual material; I holed up in the medical section, looking at a book on Orthopaedic Pathology which was rife with quite interesting pictures! Came home with a more recent version of the Physicians Desk Reference, something I feel I *need* for full medication information.
The Dr. visit went well; I finally found the one. His P.A. came in first, we talked a long time and discussed the films, pain, history, etc. Nice young man with a sense of humor who was trying to keep it under control as I called the previous "person" (refuse to say M.D.) a jackass. I told him it was quite alright to laugh, and I could see the mischief oozing out in his smile and snicker.
The Dr. was fabulous; the consult was probably 30 minutes---no rush, asked the P.A. what he saw, I had copies of the post-op films for them to look at---then the options started. (I'm not listing that stuff here--hope you understand) I looked at him and said politely, "Look, I worked for a physician, I've had surgeons and M.D.s for friends; so no sugar coating." and that was when he kicked back and we REALLY talked. It was sooooooo productive!!! He was relaxed, I was happy, information flowed, concerns were answered and a course of action planned.
I felt relieved, for the first time in ages. Of course, poor DH was about green in the waiting room because of the time spent with me----I came out happy, he came out looking like he needed to head to a bar! (which we did not) Told him everything and that I was delighted to have ANSWERS. Then he calmed down.
Now for the humor.
Of course they wanted their own set of films since all the films I had brought were mine to keep (art-art-ART!), so they had me put on a pair of grey work out shorts to shoot the xrays, as the trousers I wore had a metal hook and zipper.
And there I stand, all 5'10" of me in grey knit shorts, black top, grey and black tight bolero sweater, 3/4 sleeves, white anklets with lace trim and black patent leather shoes with small heels a bit higher than kitten heels, and of course, my white, pasty legs going on for miles. I looked like I should break into a bizarre tap-dance at any moment! THAT is what I needed the picture of! LOL!!!
So for anyone who wants details, e-mail me and this evening I'll do a bulk e-mail about *the works*.
Today I have business I have to get taken care of, the dry studio to convert for the large banner fabric and then of course, dinner for DH.
And on much less sleep than I needed! Way much less... I am in Zombie-Land right now and the coffee is not helping.
Maybe tomorrow I can do a bit of a tutuorial on a discovery I made with German Glass Glitter and the continuation of what I am doing with the b.g. we did the tute on earlier. Depends on how today goes. It might require another day....... (sigh)
Thanks you ALL for your prayers, thoughts and energy; I know I was guided to where I was to be!
And now I'm to be at work or something like it, so I bid you all.....

Pax.

16 comments:

marianne said...

glad to hear of the positive outcome-

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Yeah, me too---work to come but I just want it done and back to abnormal around here! LOL!!!!

XXOO!!!
Anne

My Vagabond Heart said...

Having confidence in your doctor makes all the difference. I changed oncologist, early on, for the same reason.

Glad to hear of the positive experience.

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Vicki--
Yes it does! Will e-mail you later this evening.....
Loved the pic of Ayden from underwater! He is such a little doll.....

XXOO!!!
Anne.....tapdancing her way to stardom! SNARF!!!

Anonymous said...

i'm sure if there had been a movie scout in there...we would be seeing you in "lights"in no time, Anne...i can just see you now! lol!
Not sure what you're going to tell us...but i believe my theory
of when you worry a lot about something...it can turn out not so bad! I am thinking this may be the case..please include me in your mail list!
So pleased you found the right one! xoxo, gypsy

audrey said...

Anne....
So happy that the day turned out to be a good one. Confidence in your Dr. is a HUGE plus! I wish we could have seen you getting that xray. It sure sounds like something we should be seeing on stage!!
Please add me to your email list. I would very much like to know how things are going to proceed. I will email you.
What a great attitude - it does all of us good to read your positive comments!

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Have you on the list Jean; I absolutely KNOW that I found the right one; the vibes were there, as well as discussion, and that is the main thing.
I'm very tired today, but such a *good* tired and so enjoyed the day with Hubby.....we've not had one of those in ages.

XXOO!!!
Anne

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Hi Audrey!

Yes, I was quite the *showgirl*....NOT!!!! LOL!!!
Will add you to the list for this evening when I get your e-mail.
And I have basically accomplished little except for a couple of phone calls I had to make (work-related) and also have managed to lose my favorite hammer, which I am on a quest to find.
I love aging......HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!


XXOO!!!
Anne

Georgina said...

YEA!!!!!Doing a little dance,skipping around my daughters living room...my 8 year old grandson thinks I'm nuts,but what else is new???!!!??? I'm soooo happy to hear the news...even though I had to blow out that St. Jude candle before I left, he was still listening!! Praise the Lord and pass the bourbon!!!

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Georgina, I am thinking the smoke from the candle blew in my direction!!!
And 8 year olds always think we're nuts......it's just part of it! LOL!!!
I decided, other than computer and phone work, to take the day off....too tired to function!


XXOO!!
Anne

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I have held you in my thoughts and prayers and feel relieved that you have found the doctor who listens and is patient enough to reach out to know you. Did you touch him? I feel you sometimes need to physically be able to touch the person who holds your well being in his/her skills and their two gentle hands. Add me to your email list...say it once ...and go to bed with a snuggly quilt and hug DH. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Hmmmm, come to think of it, I did shake hands with both him and the P.A. and felt comfortable with both of them......which I had not considered before!
What an interesting thing for me to think about, because the anesthesiologist for the first surgery shook hands with me, and he was the only one I felt good with, and also took a good time to sit and discuss everything.
WOW!!!
I'm off for the quilt early... ;)

XXOO!!!
Anne

yoborobo said...

Hi Anne - I'm so glad you've found yourself a good doc that you trust. I'll email you later. Rest up, sweet pea! :)

Tristan Robin said...

So good that you found a doctor you feel comfortable with ... trust is an important factor in healing, I believe.

German glitter?! Ahhhhhhhhh! My fave!

Let me know what's going on!

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Pam,

I've done SQUAT today! LOL!!! Other than cook a good dinner. Is that okay? ;)

XXOO!!
Anne

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Tristan,

Check tomorrow's post---I actually took the time to shoot the pics and get the thing put together.
It was such a simple thing once I gave it a bit of thought.
I know you can use this with your work....
By the way, that circus piece is FABBO!!!

XXOO!!!
Anne

Post a Comment

Talk to me Dahling!
I'm waiting, breathless...... ;-D