|(c) "Jason And The Argonauts"|
Well, here we are with the *new and improved* Blogger dashboard, which, for all intents and purposes, is the same as the OTHER one they had tried to push down~~~AWFUL!Let me get my rant out and then you can shake your head and never return to my blog and I totally understand.
- First, I have bad vision and obviously the wonder-boys at Blogger think I have Clark Kent's Superman vision; I cannot SEE A THING on my layout to be able to make changes. SQUAT.
- Second, I absolutely DETEST, LOATH, want to SCRAPE OFF THE SCREEN that blasted *google +* up in the nav bar. It sticks out like a whore in church. (or me at church in my normal odd and colorful clothing of various styles.....)
- Third, the instructional video really is not *instructional*, but they sure tell you how to make money with Google Ads! AS IF. As if, not in this lifetime or the next. Ever.
- Fourth, this isn't me just being the cantankerous old fart I usually am; trying to learn all this garbage that they have so eloquently HIDDEN, with chemo brain, is more than my poor gray matter is capable of at the moment. My thinking is rationed for important things like, "Did I leave the stove on?" or "Gee, that sounds like the water in the bath tub going full bore~~was I in there? Did I turn it ON? Did I turn it OFF???" (you get the picture.....)
- Fifth, I am not a geek. I used to LOVE Blogger for it's non-geek enabled features. It was SIMPLE. You could easily SEE IT. It did not look like WORDPRESS. It was a warm and cozy friend that let you blog quickly and easily......not some great Hydra where you're trying to wrestle all the snake heads at once and pray you don't delete your formatting in the process! Seriously, I feel like I am in a Ray Harryhausen flick.....Jason and the Argonauts.
Here's the thing; I do not consider this a lazy whine. I truly can't see. That's why there is a dark BG on the blog, so I can see it. I am sure I am not the only person with these problems, and somehow, to lock out a whole segment of bloggers to satisfy some ninny who is a wanna-be Wordpress geek really irks me.
I have, many times, threatened to quit blogging before but now I wonder how much I can continue, due to changes beyond my control.
Okay...*whew*.....not one of my better rants, but I FEEL better and can go try and get on with the day.
Which has a LOT of CONTRAST, and I can SEE.