Monday, November 23, 2009

From Tammy @ A Stitch In Thyme




I had the delightful surprise of receiving this award from Tammy, on Saturday afternoon when I was feeling completely wiped out and it certainly brightened my day! Thank you Dear!
Having received this, I have to:
Write 10 honest things about myself, and pass on the award to 10 honest bloggers, and of course, mention and link who gave it to me.
Well, I'm never too under the table about what I think, but this is a tough one for me......so I'm going to try and just write what comes to mind. The honest part, of course! ;-)

1) I detest Political Correctness. Usually it is a sweet glaze for what, when I was being raised, were referred to as LIES.

2) I find it appalling that any group can quote Holy Text for the reason of harming another, be it a single person or a large group. Somehow, that always has seemed to me to garner them a special corner in Hades.......

3) Honest work is honest work. I like being able to seal a commission with a handshake and my word. In most cases, I can still do that.

4) My life has changed so much this past year that without the people who read this blog, I do not know where I would be. Yes, YOU ALL are important to me and have kept me going more than you know.

5) I have no hesitation of speaking my mind when I felt it necessary eventhough it has gotten me into trouble more than once and no doubt will again.

6) In doing the moral, ethical thing I have lost *friends*. So be it. I would not go back and change my decisions to be swayed by the pack.

7) Theft of intellectual property is still theft (there is a great mess going on with copyright laws at present)---call it what you want, borrowing, etc. If someone else designed it, wrote it, or made it, and it was taken and a one tiny bit was changed, and you claim it as your own work, that is THEFT. As in THIEF. Not a charming word, eh?

8) I try to keep my art as original as possible considering all the work that is out there. I want my personal voice to come through....not someone elses. With all the media focusing on Art now, this is very hard. Keeping it real becomes more of a challenge each day.

9) I continue to educate myself in a lot of areas, and feel anyone who has the opportunity to should also. Knowledge is a great gift; why waste time on stupidity?

10) Sometimes it is easy for me to push to the back, out of view, my ability for kindness and empathy. To truly embrace those qualities, one must open themselves to the feelings and needs of others, and occasionally that means opening yourself to their hurt as well and taking it on and carrying it a while until they are able to endure life's load.

And now, who to pass this to, because I feel most of my blogfriends are quite frank or I would not read them, and picking 10 makes it worse.....because someone will feel shorted..... <:-{

Ces and Her Trees
Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart
The Magic, Miracles, and Joy of an Artist
La Llorona Arts
Marbled Musings
Uncommon Threads
Leslie's New Works And Thoughts
Our Victorian Cottage
marianne's art blog
Midlife Poet

Now, I have either flattered you all, or have created a list of bloggers willing to travel to swat me in the head with a rock, or steal my keyboard so I can't type and post! (I have a spare....of course!)
I love honesty, and y'all have it.
Now to the day at hand....and the banner delivery.....pics tomorrow! I hope! Yeah!

Pax.

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Mornin'!!
Well...Well.... What have we here?? (I love saying that..My Mother used to say it & Wow, everyone ducked for cover!!)
Loved your post & the one thing I love about you is your honesty, sarcastic wit (for a lot of people suttle sarcasm escapes them) & honesty!!
I thank you for the award.... I will get it posted as soon as I can conjur up 10 things.
Have a Wonderful Day!!
Love,
Marilyn
p.s. Can't come over now.... I am still in my big fluffy pink chenille robe & bigger pink size 10 slippers!! Ahhhh.... Woo Hoo!!

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Hey Marilyn!

I'm glad you're still in slippers---I don't want to get kicked till I get the banners delivered today.
After that, I'm fair game!
My mom used to say the same thing---with *the look*---which usually sent me running to my room!
Post is when you have time.....I know it's a busy time to pas it on, but hey, your posts are honest and that's what it's about!

XXOO!!
Anne....in sz. 10 Doc Martens! (and hand knit socks)

marianne said...

morning anne! thanks for the award! i will have to think on 10 things i can post without po'ing lots of people- lol! i could probably borrow most of yours- with proper attribution of course :) have a great day-

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Hey Marianne....it's all about being honest!!! And I think you can say what you want in a manner that they might have to THINK before getting PO'ed!!!!
Naturally, I had to keep mine from becoming a rant...... LOL!!
Have a good one!

XXOO!!
Anne

Anonymous said...

I love your ten things Anne. Very honest & open. Can't I disagree with anything you mentioned either. Integrity, honor & truth... very high in my book. Tops actually.

I can't wait to see your hard work in pictures. You must have yourself one huge collective sigh of relief when you finished.

I'm off to create and thank you for passing on the award. Hugs. Tammy

ps. Old navy sleeping britches, white tee & my sweet jacket zipped up high with foot socks!!

Deborah said...

Awe, I like you even MORE now! I'm right there with you on the political correctness. Thank you for passing this on to me. I have been a bit remiss in picking up awards, but I best get to it. My scissorhand has not recovered yet from the tree project...
**blows kisses** Deb

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Hey Tammy,

I just got in from delivering the banners and did take pics, and I soooooo hope they turn out! They looked GREAT, and yes there was a big sigh, along with a greasy burger for lunch to celebrate. (it takes so little to make me happy anymore...)
Now off to finish errands.....take care and hope you ahve a good day!

XXOO!!
Anne

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Shall I call you Deborah Scissorhands????
I am sooooo sorry for laughing, but it sounded so like something I would do, except with a lot of cussing and bloodshed somewhere along the way.... :)
I hate to admit that I am glad, due to the health thing, that I have an *out* this Christmas from the week-long hell of cleaning and decorating.
Not that I'll get anything else done, but at least I'm not putting up the 500+ ornaments.

XXOO!!
Anne

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Anne,
Ah, a gal very much like myself.
Thanks for sharing ten honest things about yourself. Nah, I won't be going anywhere!
Hugs,
Anna

audrey said...

I have been out running errands on this cool, rainy day ~ thought I would check your blog now that I am home and found a delightful surprise!!!
First, congratulations on this award, Anne. Your honest nature does come across in your posts and I can't imagine any award that you wouldn't be deserving of.
Second, I am touched and honored to accept this award from you. Thank you so much, Anne.
I will need a little time to come up with my 10 honest things to tell about myself. As soon as I have that ready, I will post it.
Thank you, Anne.
Really looking forward to seeing those pictures tomorrow!! Very happy for you that you are pleased with the results!!
((hugs))
audrey

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Hey Anna,

We all should get toggether for a big party----and *after the holidays have killed us* party! LOL!!!
That sounds too good right now....sigh.

XXOO!!
Anne

Leslie said...

Thanks, I think... You are too kind for thinking of me. Hmmm? Now to figure out which 10 to honour with it.

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Hey Audrey,

I have spent the whole day on the road, with a quick pop in to drop off groceries. *The Boyz* are mad at me for leaving them alone all day!!
Take your time with who you want to send it to; I just happened to have enough functioning brain cells to write something yesterday.
And now I'm off to the house to trya dn make up with my little feathered finks. Oh! what stinkers.....they are so spoiled....

XXOO!!
Anne

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Leslie, deeeear, I sense a hint of sarcasm in that comment? ;)
Take your time....there is no rush. You're one of the most honest people I know....
You aren't going to come kick me, are you???

XXOO!!
Anne

teri said...

Nice award
Great list of 10 things about yourself and I can honestly say that I was relieved I was NOT in your list of ten blogs ... i don't have the words or the extra time to write as well as you do, dear Anne.
Congrats!
teri

Linda and Michelle said...

Anne - thank you!! I have to give some thought to 10 things - I am obsessively honest - much to my students' amusement sometimes.

And I can't wait to see the pics of the banners!!!

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

Oh my goodness...that is you Anne. It is 1 am in the morning so I will tell you 10 things about myself and then think about the blog I feel would love this honor!!!! Good luck with the wonderful banners!!!! You are incredible and I am flattered!!! Imagine and Live in Peace. Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Alexandra MacVean said...

Good morning and congratulations on your very deserving award! :) I loved learning a bit more about you. And I love coming to your blog...so cozy and welcoming. Hugs to you!

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Hey Teri, I still want you to be my friend and allow Tom to frame things for me when I need it! :-D
Sometimes, I know what I'm doing when I pass these on.
they are always optional to the recipients, but I do like getting them....
Wanted to stop by the other day while in Logan but just running waaaaay too short of time.

XXOO!!
Anne

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Hey Linda,

I'll be anxious to read yours...and would love to see the students when you cut loose with some real honesty (which they need more of...)

XXOO!!
Anne

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Mary Helen,

I conked out early on the couch, so having to catch up with all these this morning! Long day, all over the place plus the banner delivery. Still dead this morning.
I'm thinking it is a do nothing day here today! Bunny slippers and PJs!

XXOO!!
Anne

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Hi Sophia,

Thanks! Sometimes I wonder if anyone reeeeally needs to know more....it can be frightening, or frighteningly funny! LOL!!!
You're welcome anytime!

XXOO!!
Anne

Tristan Robin said...

good award - good post!

I don't think I knew a few of those things about you.

though there is one that I will have to speak to you about. LOL LOL LOL

good read!

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Tristan....oh dear.....now I'm worried.....

XXOO!!
Anne

Post a Comment

Talk to me Dahling!
I'm waiting, breathless...... ;-D