Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Quick and Late Good Morning......(it is still morning, right?)

Before I forget......the delight of a few more WELCOMES to new followers!
Happy y'all are here!
A bit of an admission to start......I have a friend who feels the need to call me at unholy hours of the morning. Lately I have told her I need SLEEP, thinking that would sink in....... Now, don't get me wrong. I love my friends, I love being up for sunrise photos like the one above, but ever since the surgery last March, there are days when I need rest and lots of sleep, then I am up and at 'em and doing exciting things like fighting with the hand mixer and dreaming of posting some ART here again! (yes, I have some in the cellar studio....) Of course, that admission pretty well sums up my lack of a social life, but we're all friends here.....we run in our pajamas with wild abandon!!!
Anyway, I holed up in the family room, shut the door last night, made the big leather sofa into a comfy bed with hand made quilts and a down pillow and turned off the ringer on the phone.
And I slept.
A whole night of uninterrupted sleep. Utter bliss...........
That's why this is a quickie this morning because I am back to banner number two today, and need to get a lot done. I still have neglected to check the liturgical calender to see what Sunday these must be done for....I am thinking it is a week earlier than what I thought previously, which would be par for the course! So while you enjoy the lovely photo of a sunrise across the fields behind my house, know that my studio faces that field and that's where I am, stitching away like a mad woman!
I did get some couch time yesterday and knitting on the current socks; the wool, bamboo, nylon blend that I lovingly refer to as *the socks from HELL*. What is odd is once the yarn is off the needles, the fabric is soft and stretchy....just no negative ease. I think I will like them, but not sure if I will like them enough to knit with it again. They feel like they would be very good warm weather socks......kind of soft and breathy----that's a word, yes? And the blueberry/soft sky color is exceptionally appealing, so I keep knitting. They'll be posted here.
I also had someone ask about the jeans I wore in the virtual Studio Tour, and when I get a spare moment, I want to photograph them and post them.
Not today......or this weekend. Monday (or possibly Sunday---I need to check!) is DH's birthday and you girls know what I'll be doing....in the kitchen again! Maybe crawfish and jambalaya!!!
And now, to the salt mines I go.......I hope you all have a fun, productive, creative day!!!

Pax.

20 comments:

marianne said...

nice photo! i am inspired to do some creole cooking of my own this weekend- jambalaya sounds fab! have a great day-

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Hey Marianne,

N'awlin' food always sounds good to me! Once in a whiel I get ambitious and make beignets.....though I would much rather be at Cafe Du Monde, trying to keep the powdered sugar off me and enjoying some cafe au lait.
I wanna goooooo........WAH!

XXOO!!!
Anne

Renee said...

Anne I just looked through your work and oh my goodness it is so beautiful.

I am partial I must admit to the saints and anything godlike, so I guess in reality I love it all.

Love Renee xoxo

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Thanks Renee.....those tend to be my faves too---I guess it was just how I was raised. The old church art was so beautiful; I would hope at some point it would come back.
I just finished reading Anne Rices
"Out of Darkness" (think that's right) and there is the most MAGNIFICENT statue of St. Anthony on the front....huge--lifesize. Worth finding the book for a look at the cover. (about her changes in her life....)

XXOO!!!
Anne.....babbling again!

Anonymous said...

I used to have a SIL that always called at the most gastly hours. I always thought someone had died!! Then along came caller ID during the day & ringer shut off all night.... Leave a message!! Egads... she did!! I think she needs her phone removed from the permanent position!!
Upshot.... She no longer calls!!
Have a productive day!! :-)
Hugs,
MArilyn

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Hi Marilyn,

LOL!!! Mucho!!!!
On the *phone update* for today:

8:50
9:40
10:20
11:00

I'm losing my mind! We have an unlisted # which jacks up the price, and if I add caller ID to it, that is at least another $20 a month. So I just let the answering machine screen calls. Most of my friends know to say *pick up if you're there*....the ones that don't call and call and CALL.
And I thought I was the only one with this problem.....sadly, I'm not.
And I'm the only one nuts enough to keep track of the # of calls...... ;)

XXOO!!!
Anne

Deborah said...

Ha! The socks from hell! Too funny. Love your photos again. We have come cool mornings here in the desert now, but warming up to 87 today, which isn't bad. Yes, Milo is my little bug on his world tour. Not to late to sign up if you would like to do a photo shoot with him. Just click on the Milo button on my side bar and add your name! **kisskiss** Deb

Lost Aussie said...

Lovely to find your blog. The colours and photos are awesome!

Alexandra MacVean said...

Good morning, Anne. I am still home sick, but it's not stopping me from visiting my blogger friends! ;) Good for you for turning off the ringer...one missed late night call will not hurt your friend. YOU need rest and to take care of yourself, too. :)

Thinking of you today and wishing you a beautiful one!

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Hey Deborah,

I might have to consider Milo coming to the hinterlands....though I think he would be bored to tears.... ;)
They ARE socks from hell....but they do look nice, dang it....
More pics tomorrow---found some interesting things out there in nature!

XXOO!!
Anne

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Hi Marie---

Thanks for stopping by! (love the little bird)
I'm back to the sewing tables...I mean salt mines!!! LOL!!!

XXOO!!
Anne

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Hi Sophia,

Sure hope you get better soon; I had that blasted flu for 2 weeks and the cough for a month. NOT FUN.
And life without the phone ringing is quite good, though DH just called as a prank!!! LOL! What a stinker.......
Yes, health comes first. Period.
Take care!!!

XXOO!!
Anne

Jan said...

Your backyard looks so much like my back yard. Not today, because it is raining here. Lovely. I don't have caller ID but maybe I ought to, we get a lot of hang up calls. annoying. But not much in the way of too early or late calls, luckily.

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

I wish my yard was like your Jan because your yard is full of garden goodies and interesting animals. The closest to livestock I can claim at the moment are the swarming chinese ladybugs....not the beneficials. I have the sweeper on hand as they are coming in everywhere!!!
We are predicted for thee days of heavy rain; my own barometer in the hip predicted it before the weatherman! Geez.......
Did you work up any of the pears or was it all llama food?

XXOO!!!
Anne

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

Sleep is truly the gift that keeps on giving
renewal
quiet solitude
a sense of resurrection
a body of healing serenity
and there are times when we must listen to our bodies message.
Ken is going to his college reunion tomorrow and I am staying home to take time to remember my mother who died one year ago today. She is always with me and carries me through my rough times. I have been blessed in so many ways. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

yoborobo said...

Hi Anne! Sorry to be AWOL yesterday. Not sure where that day went! LOL! We here at Casa Smallcomb (ALL of us) pretty much ignore the land-line phone. We do have caller-id, which is wonderful, because I can pick up for the kids, etc. But living near DC, we get so many calls, you would not believe. And even requesting to get off the list hasn't cleared it up. So you have my sympathy. Take the phones and unplug them - hahaha! Of course, then you'd worry someone was having an emergency and needed you. Hope you get a lot done today on your pieces. xox Pam

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Hi MAry Helen,

I know the feeling of remembering a loved one gone. I always feel as though my folks are *here*......good feeling. It changes some after a while, but still, good.
Sleep is so important---I was an insomniac for years. Now it is the opposite--my body will YELL for estra sleep, and I listen. I am feeling better; just cold rain making things mvove slow.
A large infusion of hot coffee!!!

XXOO!!!
Anne

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Hi PAm!
Yesterday was productive---of cousre, not as much as I wanted (wink! wink!) and I am sure you understand.
Sometimes I think phones are the handicraft of the devil.....out here in the hinterlands, we got rid of MOST fo the annoyance calls. Cannot imagine in or near a big city. Then I surely would fork out the extra bucks for caller ID. Frankly, I think it should just be part of the basic phone service.....and that could go into another rant but I'm just not awake enough and don't want to disappoint anyone! LOL!!! ;)
And I have a lot of those "not-sure-where-the-day-went" days....waaaaay too many!

XXOO!!!
Anne......ringerless!

Ces Adorio said...

ACK! I was lulled into reading your post and thought of doing the couch thing myself and then your last statement, going back to the saltmines is like a piercing reality scream!

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Ces.....LOL!!!!
I have no choice or the banners won't be done by Advent! One less week than I thought, and I have honestly not felt well, but procrastinated too.
At least I am getting the socks-from-hell done during couch time.....which I wish I had about three days of.
(sigh)
We both could use it, eh?

XXOO!!
Anne

Post a Comment

Talk to me Dahling!
I'm waiting, breathless...... ;-D