Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Just a quick note

After a generous amount of blackened chicken, red beans and rice, greens, Abita beer and king cake, I was too lazy and useless to photograph the box canvas, which is DONE! YAY!!! It looks really good, and either later today or tomorrow, I absolutely promise to post the photos. I had a wonderful Mardi Gras and hope all you all did too!
Today I am having lunch with one of the outreach reps from the Fort Wayne Museum of Art (click text or on the side bar logo to see their site), then we're heading to the Co-Op show for a last look.
In the afternoon I will be attending a Buddhist ceremony with some friends for a burning of intention cards. I am to bring cedar and juniper, and I tied the bundle with antique red silk salvaged from a vintage kimono. I look forward to this and hope the smoke will carry the desires and prayers out into the universe and there will be benefit for all.
So bear with me; it's not a traditional Ash Wednesday for me but one I look forward to. And if there is a traditional service at my church for distribution of ashes, I will be there this evening.
I wish you all peace in the beginning of this season of introspection.

P.S. I think the posting comments issues are resolved....for the next five minutes at least!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

What a wonderful sounding ritual... I hope that for you as well.

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

It was great Leslie---I felt totally spiritually cleansed afterward. SO glad I went.

Post a Comment

Talk to me Dahling!
I'm waiting, breathless...... ;-D