Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Winds of Change: Time Has Come Today

Last evening I had composed a glorious post for today; as we watch our nation walk into the light of a new day and cast off this long dark night of the soul.
I chose not to publish it due to DH's work with the military. Yes. I suppose I am a bit paranoid. There was nothing bad about the post, nothing smearing any administration. But in the military world there is the issue of non-endorsement.
So instead, this brief and shallow bit of fluff.
I will be watching the inauguration today. I want to see history in the making. I want to see Dr. King's DREAM come true. I want to see the first steps of our nation back to what we used to be, and know that in the Pledge of Allegiance the words may be true again----with liberty and justice for all.
I just want to be able to say, once again, that I am proud to be American.

4 comments:

Jan said...

A well put "shallow bit of fluff". One can always hope. I hope the United States can again become a symbol of hope and freedom around the world.

bernadette ostrozovich said...

i could barely sit still long enough to post today and then had to run run run to watch Barack and Michelle dance at the neighborhood ball! i have been grinning and crying all day!!!

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Have been watching Canadian TV this evening and already the tone toward the U.S. is different----it is just amazing. Want to watch the CBC news tonight as it is a special report on today and Obama.
I got more done today than I have in ages----the mood has lightened, even with the realities of the state of our country.
Thanks for your input girls!

Laume said...

I know that bit of paranoia but it's probably appropriate - did you see the latest news about wiretapping, particularly journalists? Moving on though, add me to the sea of happy faces proudly watching the inauguration. I'm the goofy one in the back wearing faery wings and dancing in public.

Post a Comment

Talk to me Dahling!
I'm waiting, breathless...... ;-D