Friday, January 9, 2009

I.....can't.......move.......

Spending a full day bent over the tables to lay in thread has taken a toll on this old decrepit body of mine. I did not even knit last evening...... Seriously, I can barely move, and I have to kick into second gear to get cleaned up and have lunch with the gallery director at the Honeywell Center. I have had work exhibited there before; it is a beautiful multi-media facility with an excellent restaurant in Wabash Indiana. If the name Honeywell sounds familiar, it is because they make thermostats, etc that are in thousands of homes. I always knew the name, even before I knew about the Center.
So I am allowing myself a bit of escape for the morning and then back to the tables this afternoon.
In the midst of all this work that needs doing, I started a silly collage/mixed media piece with a magazine pic of a dog in it. The dog is sitting on a purple cushion, *reading* a book and has fancy sunglasses and is wearing pearls. And it is a blond dog.......hmmmmm......I guess if I was a DOG....... So when that is a little closer to done, I will post it and you can be assured as you read that I have lost what little mind I have left and have also waded into the waters of "Crafty-Land". I am sure on the discussion of "ART--NOT ART", this one falls into the latter category! ;)
Now I'm outta here....I've got to look at least as groomed as the dog!!!

1 comments:

Leslie said...

You, take care of you! Don't ya hate the body rebellion that occurs as we age like fine wine? Again, I appreciate the comments you leave on my blog. Have a great weekend and yes, do be at least as well groomed as the dog. Love ya,

Post a Comment

Talk to me Dahling!
I'm waiting, breathless...... ;-D