|Haworthia, in bloom after YEARS. Tenacity? YES!!!|
I was thinking about a post for the day and even though I am dabbling in three different art projects, I did not want to write about art. There was a little more on my mind, a little deeper set of thoughts that needed expressing.
I have been fortunate, BLESSED, in this past year and a half.
And I hear some of you say "HOW? You were diagnosed with cancer?"
Yep, that's right. And that Dx provided me with insight I never would have had otherwise.
I know during the month of November, many on Face Book posted daily what they were grateful for.
I? No, I chose not to do it because in morning prayers, I am grateful every day.
To be living well.
To have seen what I've seen and kept the iron backbone I've always suspected I had.
To be able to give back while in a state of need myself.
A lot of time for introspection has prompted one-off thoughts.
Some I'll share.
- How have I been so fortunate to meet so many GOOD PEOPLE?
- How did the lower times pass so quick?
- How sweet was it to pass my original November 8th *expiration date*!!!
- How good it is to reconnect with people after a long time.
- How much my husband loves me even though he still leaves gloves, hat and papers spread all over the kitchen table....*sigh*
- How much sincere prayer and KINDNESS I received....staggering really.
- How in the madness of a strictly political/commercial world there are those of us with values much, much higher.
- How sweet it was to put up the ornaments and see another Christmas, with JOY!
- How good it feels to know my quota of TENACITY has not diminished.
And then, there were other questions I will never have answers for,
things that are not as pleasant, or just make you go hmmmmm......
The spiritual garbage you have to push out of your life,
to make room for the great things trying to get in.
- When did we become such a divided Nation?
- When did women become the *lesser* race?
- Why do people feel that EXclusive is so much better than INclusive?
- Why are there people who will repeated kick you when you're down, for the sheer sick fun of it and claim they are *in the right*....always......?
- Where did generosity of heart and spirit go the OTHER part of the year, as in, not at Christmastime?
- When will we evolve past being creatures of vitriol and habit, into beings of light and love?
- How can anyone pretend to be spiritual, of any form, when they spend time using people and tossing them away like garbage?
These are not heavy thoughts; they are things that swirl through my journals as I consider life and how much sweeter it could be with a better understanding of humanity at large.
All I am sure of is this:
I am that plant above~~seated in harsh soil, ignored occasionally/accidentally, sometimes left to survive through droughts,
but BLOOMING, none the less.
No thing, no person, no intentional negativity
will change me from my daily affirmation of
And I hope that you, my dear readers, find this true too.
Be more than you think you can be.
Be all that you want to be.
Know you are loved.