Okay, I was channeling The Grinch there for a moment.......heehee!
I was delighted to be presented this award by an exceptional illustrator, Amalia K at Translucent Blue
If you have not visited her blog or Etsy shop, you need to. I have plunked down some change there and when receiving the exquisite prints did a rather peculiar Happy Dance! (*I* was peculiar; the work is beyond description when held in your hot little hands! Photos just don't do justice to the actual piece....)
Thank you Amalia; this is special coming from you! :-)
As with any blog award, I now have to pass it on to others but first I have to disclose seven things about myself that no one knows. I did ask Amalia if she knew if I would get to blog from jail.....LOL!
1. I originally busted my right knee while running from the cops in my teens, out doing naughty things on Halloween. I landed smack into a rock garden. It was never the same. (no, I didn't get caught)
2. I miss playing my bass and listening to the Ramones and Misfits at earsplitting levels more than I care to admit. Truly, truly.....I do.
3. I really have not grown up and don't intend to. It's over rated. And people get all MEAN when they think they're grown up.
4. I have had opportunities in the past that I did not take for fear of failure or rejection. (that's changed!)
5. Life after you turn 50 is like being let out of jail; you realize that there IS an expiration date, you're getting closer, and WHOOO-HOOO! You can still rock with the best of them. (you just have to be to bed by 11 p.m.)
6. Stockings trump pantyhose any day of the week, and I am sure pantyhose were an invention that crawled right out of the Arse of Satan!
7. I have been blessed with Spiritual Mentors through out life, at the right times, with the right level of high intelligence tempered with great humor. They keep me on the somewhat straight and narrow and know how far they can push before I totally walk off. For this, I cannot say thanks enough. It has kept me exceptionally alive. (I probably am the only person that would put that after the comment on pantyhose...oh well....)
Okay, that's the dirt; now for the hard part and fun~~passing this along. First, I had to adjust the color some to get it to show on my background; if you want the *Black Tux and White Tie* version, please visit Amalia's blog to snag it. Well, visit her blog anyway!
1. Silke at Metamorphosis
2. Cathy at Artsy Butterfly
3. Corrine at dosfishes
4. Pam at Frippery
5. Mita at illustration poetry
6. Elena at My Quest
7. Audrey at The Magic, Miracles and Joy of an Artist
8. Deb at Midlife Poet
All these ladies are stylish and add a unique view to the blog world. It is a mix of blogs~~different content, but all one's I enjoy visiting. Some I have visited a long time, some are new, but every single one is a delightful read or look or both!
Grab a cuppa, kick back, relax, and travel through the bloggosphere, finding more places to visit and be awed!