Saturday, July 11, 2009

Just Plain BAD!

I am such a sucker for heels, and black shoes to boot, as I own who knows how many pair of them. The only thing worse than buying another pair was trying to get a photo of yesterday's *happy purchase* as holding these long legs of mine upright in the air, then hoisting my upper half off the floor to get the camera in focus and shoot without moving probably means I won't be able to bend today!
Oh, the suffering we girls go through for beauty! ;-)
My appointment went well yesterday---obviously---but again next week I have two in a row on consecutive days in Warsaw, so I am going to be dead on my feet before it's over. And no, I don't believe I will be wearing these to either. I mean, I do have a little sense left.......
Had a few minutes for the wet studio and art last evening, and would have shot photos but nothing is at a point yet where it would make any sense, so you get shoes instead!!! Hey, among some audiences, this would be quite entertaining......ahem!
So now I'm off for a short work out and then hopefully more real art so I have something to post on Monday. The piece I am working on has been swirling in my head for some time and I am hoping I can make it look half as good with the paints, collage and canvas. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. That's the hard part of it.
Have some writing to do too over the weekend, with a bit of research involved so it may be rather quiet at Casa Lockard's computer.
Or maybe I'll blow it off till Sunday, at the last minute.
Naaaaaaaaahhhhh.......
Whatever you do today, I hope it's fun, productive and not too painful! Just make some art!
Pax.

11 comments:

yoborobo said...

Oh, those are some shoes!! I couldn't walk 2 steps in them, but I love the way they look. Happy arting and writing!

Linda and Michelle said...

I used to wear those shoes when I was teaching - way before bunions and extra weight and age.....heels make the legs look so great! One of my goals in losing weight is to be able to wear something besides support sneakers!

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

I can't really walk in them at the moment; a bit more therapy and I should be able to *swing it* again!
And yes, they DO make legs look GREAT! With a 34" inseam, it makes me look like I'm all legs which is a great way to distract from the other problem areas.......;)
And I've even had art time today! YAY!!!

Jan said...

I was wondering how you got that photo with white in the background. I am sure the photo session would have been an even better photo, more amusing at any rate. You have nice trim ankles to set off those long legs. I have nice ankles but I walk like a lumberjack..lumberjill? so can't pull off the wearing of heels.

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

LOL!!! You're right Jan--the taking of the photo was much more worthy of recording than the shoes! I was saying quite a few naughty words and grunting like a pig, trying to keep myself posed.
The one thing I hate is the foreshortening that makes my calves look heavy.....they're not really.
And if I'm worrying about this, I am waaaaaaaaay too vain! :)

Anonymous said...

Wooohooo...some gams! like the shoes too..lol! I call those "going to dinner" shoes ..
however, not sure i could handle those heels, even just for dinner!
Great shot, Anne!

I have a link for you to the ART RAGE program i used for the coneflower image. It did not involve Photoshop. Its a nice
program you save to your desktop...for producing the painted look.. you open it and then, open a photo to work with from your files.. I never got really proficient with it, but, fun to try... i believe they give you a free trial...most are for 30 days.. its not expensive to buy tho..
http://download.cnet.com/ArtRage/3000-2191_4-10309276.html

Thanks for your comments !..
gypsy

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

In my current state, they could be *going to the hospital* shoes...as in FALLING OUT OF THEM! LOL!!!! I will be good and wait to wear them.....
I'll check out the ArtRage link---thanks for sending it!
That's me mostly---I learn to do just enough to get what I want and then don't bother with the rest. I'm either ADD or a slug. Pick one. :)

Tristan Robin said...

shoes, shoes, shoes...

GIRLS!!!!!!!

(I don't get it LOL)

Leslie said...

I would put them on a shelf and admire them, as I know they would kill me or sprain my ankle, but they sure are purty...

teri said...

You are a crazy lady to walk around in these things ... and I would have loved to see you trying to photograph them. Glad the apt went well.

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

The photography was funny, but trying to get up off the floor was pretty amusing in and of itself!!!! Kind of like a beetle stuck on it's back, trying to right itself...... ;)

Post a Comment

Talk to me Dahling!
I'm waiting, breathless...... ;-D