Sunday, May 3, 2009

Yesterday's Delightful Surprise!

Yesterday, in between studio time, I came up for a snack and drink and thought I would go check the mail, which occasionally runs a little early on Saturday. I open the box and what do I see inside but this delightful package, and before I look at the return address, I know it has had to come from Bernadette, because--well--because! It looks like a stamp she would own and she is one of the few people who would take the time to do this to a wrapper.

The wrapping was too good to tear, so when I got it inside, I carefully opened the back and then proceeded to open the little silver box inside, and again......attention to detail and presentation!

I turned the card over before unwrapping the tissue and found this note:
"Anne, this is a gift to you from Jan Brattain. (can we clone her?) Love, B."

At that point I was pretty excited, because I was *hoping* it would be one of the monkey pins Bernadette has on her Etsy site, and sure enough, there it was! This wonderful little shrine that has the most minute detail one can imaging and Mr. Monkey, with the heart swinging from his tail!!!!
Jan---
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! XXXXOOOO!!!!!!
Bernadette---
It never ceases to amaze me how you do the work you do--the infinitesimal pieces, all smooth and lovely and no glue showing, like the creation sprang into being from the half-shell that Venus stands upon!
To both of you---you don't have any idea how wonderful the gift is and how much I appreciate it. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!!
The generosity of friends is worth more than anything else in the universe. The thoughtfulness, the consideration......I could ramble a while, but you both know how I love this piece.
Mr. Monkey is mine!!!!
It was a VERY GOOD DAY!!!!!! ;)
P.S. These pins are worth every single solitary CENT. I cannot photograph the detail good enough for you to really see how much work this was.

11 comments:

My Vagabond Heart said...

What a nice surprise...starting with the address and finishing with the wonderful pin.

Gayle Pritchard said...

What wonderful friends you have. Sounds like this made your day. How was your day of creating?

Tristan Robin said...

you lucky girl, you! That little shrine is one of those delightful treasures that just captures the imagination!

... and the packaging is so cute - I just love it when people take the time to really present a present!

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

It was fun shooting the pics, in the order of opening! (of couse, that meant I had to load them in backwards order....yeah, brain overload!)
I really appreciate the pin because I know what they cost and I have always wanted a piece of Bernadettes work!
I got about half a studio day; other things came up, then went back down last night a bit. Am at a decision making point on the piece so suppose it's okay it slowed down.....you know!
Thanks for the comments---all friends are gems!

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Hey Tristan, I loved the packaging! I'm pretty lazy on those things....shouldn't be. I guess it depends on how the humor hits me on the day I mail something. Usually I am in a big fat rush and out the door I go!
Everything was presented so ultra-neat!!!!!

Jan said...

I thought you and Bernadette could both use a little pick me up.
Funny, your word verification for me today is "pressee" like pressie, get it? I'm glad you like it. How did I know?

Linda and Michelle said...

Anne - what a wonderful gift! I LOVE the wrapping! Reminds me of my amazing mother-in-law, who loved wrapping presents She is sorely missed. Sounds like you and tristan both had great gifts this week!

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Yes, we were lucky to have great friends, and Jan, I can tell you Bernadette was delighted with your order! I sure wish I could get a better pic of the pin----it is sooooo amazing. Words don't describe the detail and as I look at it I think "How long did it TAKE to DO this????"
So as a blatant plug---if you need a nice present for someone, visit Bernadette's store or e-mail her.
Everyone involved will be happy!!!!
And the verification word? What a HOOT!!!! Yep! Prezzie!!!! :)

Georgina said...

That Bernadette...love it! Love that girl too...what a fun gal. Her work is incredible and I just might find myself being drawn to her site and purchasing one of her "Minkies" (a true Clouseau fan).

Abrazos,
Georgina

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Oh yes!!!! I loved Peter Sellers and the "Minkies"!!!! Best movies ever when you're down in the dumps! Love the one where his nose is melting.....
Get thee to Etsy and buy a "Minkie"!!! ;) Trust me---you would not regret it at all.

bernadette ostrozovich said...

ah phooey! fresh out of minkies! incorporated the last one into a bigger piece. (got dragonflies tho !!!) anne, THANK YOU from the bottom of my mercenery little heart! you gave me so much space!!! watta gal! and oh my, i hope i expressed my gratitude to jan LOUDLY too!

Post a Comment

Talk to me Dahling!
I'm waiting, breathless...... ;-D